Monday, October 23, 2006

When magical people unite ...

Well, it may have been the best, or at least second best, weekend of the year. Actually, for the last several years. And it was with some of the same people as the other greatest weekend. What a wonderful time we had in our little alpine village!

It’s been about 5 weeks since the EG conference, which is that other great weekend. Sam and I were visited by Smurf, AtP, Jerman, Carrot and Tito. What a blast we had! Since they were coming to visit, Maurice (Sam’s father), who happens to be our Stake President, asked Smurf, AtP, and Jerman to address our ward and stake leaders in a stake leadership meeting, called specially for the occasion.

Jerman is up first. He shocks the audience. Yup, we’re really talking about this issue, and it’s serious.
AtP is up next. The crowd is now in awe! This is amazing and spiritual stuff. Yes, spiritual.
The Smurfster bats clean-up and hits a homerun. Amazing.

Just to sum up, it was truly wonderful. Our Maurice actually started out the meeting saying we were going to talk about this, explaining that our stake never waits for issues to come to us, we go out and meet them head on. The meeting ended with a fantastic Q & A session. My RS President was in tears. She told the next morning that she hadn’t felt the Spirit that strong in a few years. And that she went home and wrote on her journal for an hour and a half! The last few days, I’ve inquired of others that were there of their opinions. It’s unanimous – a big win. Now we all need to follow-up in wards.

So the rest of the weekend was actually FUN, not so serious. We laughed and played. Carrot is the most amazing magical person to come along since Samantha. In fact, the queen has dubbed her a Lady in the royal court of the queerosphere. Let her henceforth be known as Lady Carrot (LC for short). LC totally rocks. Someone ought to do something about her before some straight guy hauls her off to a mortal place.

Tito fit right in. What a “guy”! He almost reminds me of Tommy Monson, with a great memory, full of wonderful stories. And he is such a great sport. After being up well passed midnight, he let us wake him up at 6:00 am to go eat breakfast at a Denny’s-like place. David came too. (Tito was staying at David’s house.) There’s nothing like sherbet and lemon-lime soda floats.

The rest of us actually stayed up most all night at our house. Once in while, one or two of us would nod off for 15-30 minutes. I woke up as they were making plans to go eat. What good timing! Like I always say, the only thing better than food is MORE food.

Apparently there are thieves in our group. Lady Carrot bogarted Smurf’s favorite childhood book from the Momma Smurf’s house. The Smurf himself (yourself?) has “collected” games from us and LC. But we get the last laugh. It appears that Smurf has left a sock in our bathroom! We shall hold it hostage, at least until we meet again and exchange other properties. (That kind of sounds like Monopoly.)

It has now been about 6 days since I started drafting this post. I discovered my own slippers where missing as my favorite guests had departed my home. I thought perhaps it was an act of endearment that one of these amazing people might have claimed them as a momento. Alas, they showed up yesterday morning.

It seems like it has already been many weeks since they left, even though it’s only been a week. I spent the first couple days almost crying because I missed them. (I’m a freak.) I must be deprived. It’s now 1:10 am and I am remembering fondly staying up all night last Sunday! We gotta do this again!

5 comments:

Kengo Biddles said...

Sounds like you need the "Happy Roadtrip" to come visit you more often out there!

AtP said to me that he thoroughly enjoyed the trip, and I'm glad to hear that things went blissfully along on all sides of the experience!

FJ said...

Hello Darin
How is everything going with you.I hope that you are well and doing okay.I saw that you are also interested in a few things that I am.I would like for us to communicate.I also have a blog on this site.Please check it out when you get the chance.Thanks.FJ

AttemptingthePath said...

I miss you and Sam too.

We had a lot of fun. being able to be there was such an amazing blessing.

Anonymous said...

Actually, the more you guys talk about the great times you had, the more left out I feel. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Darrin, I loved the recap of the whole adventure. I also love your blog. It's brave of you to offer yourself so freely to so many homosexual men, and I commend you for it.

If I could change this post, however, I would not call the ice cream in our lemon-lime soda anything other than what it was--"Rainbow Sherbet." :) Thanks for everything, man.