Sunday, April 08, 2007

What's up with the MoHo's?

MoHo is the new definitive term for those who have same-gender attraction and are faithfully striving to live the gospel of Jesus Christ according to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. See Tito's latest post. He actually gives an excellent definition and he completely covers the proper usage of the term. I think his post should be copied and used as a Wikipedia entry for "MoHo." Since I am not a MoHo, I do not feel qualified to do this myself.

In fact, I am feeling a bit left out. I want a cool new nickname too. Since I am not a MoHo, but I do feel very close to them, I am hereby declaring myself a FOTM. It rhymes with "bottom." FOTM is a word that is actually an acronym that stands for "Friend of the MoHo's." This term is reserved for true supporters and lovers of the MoHo's, not just FagHags and the like. It for those who go to Evergreen conferences even though they are not same sex attracted. It is for the hetero people who blog about MoHo stuff, and do so in a positive and loving way.

Okay, FOTM may resemble FOB. In no way do I wish to be associated with Master FOB or any FOBs. Though my heart and prayers go out to his amazing and wonderful soon-to-be ex-wife, I do not know him, nor am I a follower of him. I am just stealing his idea.

There were other possibilities that I considered, but it is after midnight and I am tired. For example, I thought of "Supporters of the MoHo's", but that would be SOTM, and that makes me think of Sodom and Gomorrah. Oh, FOTM might be a good word for Anti-Scrabble players.

Are there other FOTMs out there? If you now of one, or think you may be one, please comment and let know. I think our definition should closely follow Tito's of the MoHo's. So please explain your qualifications.

I suppose I ought to explain mine. I feel am a faithful latter-day saint. I am quite active in the Church, and serve faithfully in my calling. I confessed lately that I canNOT deny the feelings I have had, feeling the Spirit bear witness of the truthfulness of the Gospel. At the same time, I have developed friendships and a strong brotherly love (yes, LOVE) for my same sex attracted friends, like Tito, Smurf, Pinetree, ATP, NakedNative, Steve (see post below), and others. I think there ARE some good FOTMs out there, they just don't know of their new name yet. Some of those might be Wiggle, FoxyJ, and AGirlWho. We could be friends, brothers, sisters, spouses, parents, kids, or other relations of MoHo's.

FOTMs, united and let yourself be known. MoHo's, we're here for you. I look forward to the next conference, to seeing my wonderful MoHo friends, and hopefully meeting some new FOTM friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darrin, you're great! Thanks for all the love and support. I thought you had disappeared from the queerosphere for a while... great to have you back!

Jared said...

I completely identify myself as a FOTM; thanks for the word!! My credentials... Hmm. I love to look at beautiful men, as well as women, and am attracted to men in every way but sexually. I was married to someone with SSA and other complexities, and have dear friends with SSA whom I identify with to a striking level. And I am one of the few straight men who reads your wife's blog.
Can I join the club?