Sunday, August 27, 2006

- Okay, it's about time I posted something real here. Maybe I should first tell you a little more about myself. I absolutely LOVE food and cars. I also love language and languages. I speak French(somewhat fluently), a little Spanish, and a little German. I am currently a Bishop in the LDS church, of a singles ward. Enough? If you want to know more, just ask.
- So today was the first Sunday, back to school at our university, with most of our students back from Summer. No more meeting with 4 wards combined, I'm on my own now. After church, a young man came up to me and asked, "Bishop can I visit with you sometime?" Being new as a Bishop, I didn't know this young man. But I said, "Sure. How about in 15 minutes?"
- Well long story short, I now have a friend who is struggling with SSA. Weird. No, not this guy dealing with SSA, but the fact that I have been learning about this for the last 8 months, and now I need what little I've learned. Wow, the Lord really does qualify whom He calls. On my own, I never would be where I'm at now. I still don't know much, and not nearly enough. But I know a lot more than I did 8 months ago. I am "in it." I hope I can be a strength and a help to him.
- Okay, I'm just an ignorant mortal. But I married Samantha, a beautiful, magical person. We live kind of a charmed life - EXTREMELY blessed. We try to live in the magical world, even though I am from the mortal realm. She tells me a LOT!!! She may not reveal your secrets and intimate thoughts, but she has told me a lot about you people. Yes, I feel I know Smurf, L, Master FOB, AnotherOther, and several others. I almost think of you as my own friends, or at least friends that Sam and I can share. Oh, and thank you guys for being our friends.
- So those of you who have gotten to know Samantha probably think she is a lot of fun, pretty intelligent, and she think she's hilarious. If so, you would be correct - she is all these things. Truly, we have a great time. We struggled the first few years of our marriage, getting to know each other and getting used to each other. We became good friends before we complicated things, by adding children to mix. Thank goodness for that! We often look forward to our time alone together.
Let me tell a little something about Sam. WYSIWYG. She speaks her mind, doesn't pull any punches, and tells it how it is.
- Well, what's a Bishop to do? I still have to find a new Relief Society President, Ward Mission Leader, and change around many other callings. The next few weeks will be crazy! And Sam and I are going to a conference in Utah in a couple weeks. So much to do, so little time.......

No comments: