Wednesday, November 14, 2007

You Might Be A Redneck

The title is for our new friend, Marvin. We have had a lot of fun the last day or so. (Notice I am keeping my words small and I correctly used the phrase "a lot" as 2 seperate words, not one.) Hi Marvin.

So I have been admiring the great work of Dave Barry lately. Last Christmas, Sam gave me a Dave Barry daily calendar thing, you know, the ones where you tear off a sheet a day to reveal a new quote, or picture, or whatever. Those are the greatest. And since Dave is from the south, I thought our new redneck friend might also appreciate an excerpt or two from the calendar.


Tuesday, October 9, 2007.

It is time once again for Ask Mister Language Person, the award-winning column whose motto is: "People judge you by the way you talk, especially if you spit on them." Today, as is our usual custom, we will start with our first question, which is:

Q. Like most people, I would like to use the words "parameters" and "behoove" in the same sentence, but I am not sure how.

A. According to the Oxford English Cambridge Dictionary of Big Words, the proper usage is: "Darlene, it frankly does not behoove a woman of your parameters to wear them stretch pants."